1. an important component of Telfon, poly(tetrafluoroethylene).
2. in toothpaste and may be added to drinking water to prevent tooth decay as a fluoride salt.
3. extremely reactive, and will react with noble gases like xenon.
4. part of CFCs – chlorofluorocarbons – that damaged the ozone layer
5. a pale yellow gas at room temperature.
6. used in the enrichment of uranium by forming a gas, UF6.
7. found in many drug molecules including 5-fluorouracil used in chemotherapy.
8. a powerful oxidising agent in elemental form.
9. capable of attacking (etching) glass when found as HF – hydrofluoric acid.
10. found in minerals including feldspar (calcium fluoride, fluorite).